It is important to label all demarc extension connections and interconnection points throughout the demarc extension. This will minimize servicing time which is a critical factor in fault isolation and circuit restoration.
Demarc Extension Nationwide has developed the following standards to be adhered to when installing and servicing a demarc extension.
- All labeling is required to be mechanically printed on a permanent label or legibly hand-written with a permanent marker.
- Demarcation Points shall be labeled with the Local Access Provider’s circuit identification number (ID).
- Demarc Connection Points shall be labeled with the Local Access Provider’s Circuit ID, Carrier ID Number and Vendor Cable ID Number.
- All cross-connections, interconnections, and intraconnections shall be labeled with a minimum of the Vendor Cable ID Number.
- Edge Termination Points shall be labeled with the Local Access Provider’s Circuit ID, Carrier Circuit ID Number and Vendor Cable ID Number.
- Additional labeling standards based on customer requirements may be imposed.
Connect With Us
Find out how Concert Technologies can help you with your next demarc extension.